STOP PRESS: This swim has been rescheduled to Sunday, April 11, 2021,due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page...
Narrabeen Beach Challenge
A postponed date for this swim, now on April 11, 2021. Also, now on a Sunday. Awgies have rescheduled in the hope they may miss the worst of the Covid-19 pandemic. This will be this event's 10th year. There are two distances, 800m and 1.8km, which means it offers a good entry distance for less experienced swimmers who want to build their experience in the sea. Good opportunity to gain experience in handling beach breaks, too: Narrabeen is a wide open beach with banks, gutters, rips, etc. It's a lot of fun.
Image by David Helsham (@glistenrr)
Things you should know...
- Event - Narrabeen Beach Challenge
- Organiser - Narrabeen SLSC
- Distance - 1.8km, 800m
- Venue - Narrabeen Beach, Sydney northern beaches
- Time/Date - Sunday, April 11, 2021, 10am (800m), 11am (1.8km) (Postponement date)
- Registration - From 8:30am at Narrabeen Beach SLSC
- Entry fee - $30 either event, or $45 for both events (Race day entry $35 per swim, or $50 for both)
- Online entries close - 3pm, Saturday, April 10, 2021
- Under 18 swimmers - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact entered into the Emergency Contact field on the online entry form. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent and will not be accepted. Entries of U18 swimmers must use the parent's email address, not that of the U18 swimmer.
- Wetsuits - Can be worn but swimmers wearing wetsuits will not be eligible for prizes.
- Swim caps - Provided at registration: SLSA-approved fluoro colours.
- Access - Organisers say full access and facilities are available.
- Conditions - Narrabeen is an open beach with shifting banks, gutters and rips depending on swell size and the state of the tide.
- Minimum age - 15 (1.6km), 12 (800m)
- Phone contact - Be sure to enter a valid Australian mobile number with your entry online. Organisers may decide to send sms messages to entrants advising of changes to event arrangments. If you don't leave a valid Australian mobile number, you won't receive them.
- More info - Email Wayne Schwebel... Click here... or phone 0402 011 204
- Progress online entries - To check progress entries online... Click here
Please read this: Any problems you encounter in entering this event online are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. If you run into problems, please try using a different browser, or a later version of your browser, or try from a different PC. Remember, do not enter or pay for this swim twice. If you run into problems that you can't resolve with this advice, email us and we'll sort it out. Refunds are available only prior to close of online entries only, and are subject to an admin fee of $10. After you've entered, check the progress online entries list (link above or under swims/progress entries) to make sure your entry has been recorded correctly. A non-refundable service fee of $2.50 attaches at check-out to each online entry.
Enter this event now... Closer to event day
Where it is...