STOP PRESS (Sept 14): Organisers have postponed this event to a date to be fixed, due to Covid-19.
By clicking this link for Quick Entry, you agree that you have read the event information carried on this page... (not open yet)
Burleigh Ocean Swim
Four events on this iconic Gold Coast beach: two distances for age groups and elite, a Dash for Cash (for elite entrants), and a shorter swim for younger swimmers. Prize money on offer for Open/Elite swimmers (which can help pay your squad fees), and plenty of random prizes to be won, too.
Event t-shirt is included in the entry fee (2km and 1km swims only).
Things you should know...
- Event - Burleigh Heads Ocean Swims
- Organiser - Burleigh Heads Mowbray Park SLSC
- Distance - 2km, 1km, Mighty Junior 400m (8-10 years), and Dash for Cash
- Venue - Burleigh Heads Beach, Goodwin Terrace, Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, Queensland
- Time/Date - Sunday, October 18, 2020, waves starting from 7am (2km starts at 7am, 400m Junior at 8am, and 1km at 8:30am) - POSTPONED TO A DATE TO BE FIXED
- Registration - Saturday, October 17, at Burleigh Heads SLSC from 3-5pm, or race day from 5:30am
- Entry fee - 2km - $55 ($70 on race day), 1km - $35 ($50 on race day), Both main swims - $90 ($120 on race day), Mighty Junior 400m $20 ($25 on race day).
- Dash for Cash entry - Available only to Open/Elite entrants
- Prize money - Open/Elite entrants only - 1st - $500, 2nd - $250, 3rd - $100 M/F, Dash for Cash - $500 1st M/F
- Results - Will be sent by sms to all entrants (provided you leave a mobile number on your online entry) as well as posted online.
- Event t-shirt & cap - Entry comes with event t-shirt included (one per entrant, 2km and 1km only) and an event cap (nominate your shirt size as you enter online). Mighty Junior 400m includes cap and participant's medal.
- Under 18 swimmers - Parents/guardians of swimmers aged under 18 must complete the online entry form, not the swimmers themselves. They must include their consent to the entry with full name and phone contact. Just a phone number, a first name, or a number and first name will not do. Entries of U18 swimmers are not complete without this complete parental/guardian consent. Entries of U18 swimmers must use parent's email address, not that of the U18 entrant.
- Online entries close - noon, Saturday, October 17, 2020
- Conditions - Burleigh Heads is one of Australia's most famous surf beaches. It's open to the sea and can offer banks, gutters and sweeps if seas rise.
- Minimum age - 10 (2km, 1km), 8-10 (Mighty Junior 400m)
- Phone contact - Be sure to enter a valid Australian mobile number with your entry online. Organisers may decide to send sms messages to entrants advising of changes to event arrangments. If you don't leave a valid Australian mobile number, you won't receive them.
- More info - Go to Burleigh Heads SLSC website... Click here... and/or download the entry form... Click here
- Progress online entries - To check progress entries online... Closer to event day
Please read this: Any problems you encounter in entering this event online are likely to be caused by browser conflicts. If you run into problems, please try using a different browser, or a later version of your browser, or try from a different PC. Remember, do not enter or pay for this swim twice. If you're unsure whether your entry has succeeded, always check the progress entries list and your card statement (with your bank) for charges before attempting again to enter. If you run into problems that you can't resolve with this advice, email us and we'll sort it out. Refunds are available only prior to close of online entries, and are subject to an admin fee of $10. After you've entered, check the progress online entries list (link above or under swims/progress entries) to make sure your entry has been recorded correctly. If your confirmation email doesn't turn up, check your Spam and Trash folders. A service fee of $2.50 is added to all online entries at check-out.
We accept Visa and Mastercard only.
Enter this event now... Closer to event day
Where it's at...