Regardless of whether you come in first or second to last, you’ll feel like royalty as you gracefully glide up the beach and under the finish line at the King of the Bays. Why? Because you have conquered the noble challenge of a classic open water swim in the stately surround of Takapuna Beach.
The curvaceous coastline of Auckland’s North Shore, which boasts Pohutukawa-fringed cliffs and excellent swimming conditions is the third of ten events in the New Zealand Ocean Swim Series.
With Rangitoto watching your every stroke, along with the large safety contingent of lifeguards from Surf Lifesaving New Zealand, the stunning scene leaves you poised to see of summer in style.
Consisting of five different swim events, Swim the Shore provides an ocean swim event for all ages and abilities.
- The 3.8km Narrow Neck to Takapuna Beach swim is a point to point, Ironman distance swim which takes participants along the coastline, swimming the length of Takapuna Beach before finishing with the dramatic backdrop of Rangitoto behind you.
- The 2km Cable Buoy is the perfect distance if you want something a little shorter then the 3.8km Narrow Neck to Takapuna Beach but not longer then the 1km Full Taka
- The 1km Full Taka is an achievable distance for most individuals with swimming experience.
- The 500m Half Taka is the perfect swim if you are new to open water swimming.
- The Banana Boat OceanKids has two swim distances; 100m and 200m for kids aged between 7-12 years old. Participants will swim in shallow water along the Takapuna Beach shoreline.
Be sure to make a day of it and celebrate your swimming success with your friends and families at Takapuna’s vibrant cafe and bar scene.
This event listing is provided to organisers for free, therefore, only basic event details are provided. We've tried to make sure the details in this listing are correct, however, you should reference the official event website for official information. Sign In to the oceanswims.com website to view the event website link.
If you're the organiser, talk to us about promoting your event across our network. Learn more