Gold Coast’s first Open Water Swimming Club is open to all swimmers that want to participate in open water swimming.
Where do you meet?
– On the grass area in front of Kurrawa Surf Club, behind Tower 28.
How far do you swim?
– The average distance for the main group is about 2kms, we swim about 500m at a time (rough distance between lifeguard towers). The advanced group swims about 3-6kms.
I’m just up on the Gold Coast for a holiday, can I join in?
– Yes! We love having visitors swim with us.
I’m not experienced in the ocean, can someone help me?
– Some swimming background / confidence in the ocean is always recommended, we will try to pair you up with a buddy.
What course do you follow?
– We swim about 100m offshore, parallel to the beach using the yellow lifeguard towers as our markers. Swim to one tower, stop, regroup, swim to the next tower. The direction we swim depends on the conditions.
What’s the best day for newbies?
– Saturday is best for new swimmers, easily our most popular session.
Monday8:30 am - 9:30 am
Tuesday6:30 am - 8:00 am 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Wednesday8:30 am - 9:30 am
Thursday6:30 am - 8:00 am 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Friday8:30 am - 9:30 am
Saturday8:00 am - 9:00 am
Sunday9:00 am - 10:00 am
Timezone: Australia/Sydney4 December 2023 4:57 pm local time
This listing is provided to foster connections within the open water swimming community. We can’t guarantee the group is still active or that the details are correct. Please visit the group website or social accounts, or visit the meeting place at the times stated to enquire. Open water swimming is risky and water safety is not guaranteed.Swimmers take personal responsibility for their own safety.
Copyright © 1999-2023 oceanswims.com. All rights reserved.
‘OCEANFIT is a registered trademark of OceanFit Pty Ltd.