Bean Rock Swim
Swim around the largest navigational marker in the Waitemata Harbour
- Date11 Feb 2023
The Bean Rock Swim is back again this season after first being added to the New Zealand Ocean Swim Series calendar last season.
The is fifth of ten swims in the New Zealand Ocean Swim Series and the Bean Rock Swim is a must do event with participants swimming around the the largest navigational marker in the Waitemata Harbour - the Beach Rock Lighthouse.
Fun Fact: The Bean Rock Lighthouse is the only remaining wooden cottage-style lighthouse in New Zealand and only one of a very few in the world.
Consisting of five different swim events, The Bean Rock Swim provides an ocean swim event for all ages and abilities.
- The 3.2km Full Bean will see swimmers start from the lively beachfront of Mission Bay and head out and around the Bean Rock Lighthouse.
- The 1.6km Half Bean is the perfect distance for those not quite ready to take on the full Bean while building up for the big one next year.
- The 800m Quarter Bean is an achievable distance for most individuals with swimming experience.
- The AmphiBean will see swimmers start off with a 500m swim followed by a 3km run along the stunning beachfront before finishing off with a 350m swim.
- The Banana Boat OceanKids has two swim distances; 100m and 200m for kids aged between 7-12 years old.
Enjoy as day of ocean swimming, running along the waterfront, activities, food and music at the Bean Rock Swim.
Mission Bay NZ, New Zealand
Australasia’s largest ocean swimming community