Register for free to get access
This is what ocean swimming is all about – taking the plunge at one of New Zealand’s best destination surf beaches, Mount Maunganui. This beach also plays hots to national surf and surf lifesaving competitions.
The Mount’s Main Beach is the perfect location to test your ocean swimming skills in surf conditions in the ninth of ten events in the New Zealand Ocean Swim Series.
Consisting of five different swim events, The Mount Swim provides an ocean swim event for all ages and abilities.
– The 2.8km Around Rabbit Island takes up around Rabbit and Leisure Islands in the longest swim of the day.
– The 1250m Around Leisure Island, takes you around Leisure Island, hence the name.
– The 500m Main Beach Swim takes swimmers out and around a triangular course of Mount’s Main Beach and is the perfect swim if you are new to open water swimming.
– The Amphibian is a 750m swim followed by a 4.5km run around ‘The Mount’.
– The Banana Boat OceanKids has two swim distances; 100m and 200m for kids aged between 7-12 years old. Participants will swim in shallow water along the Mount’s Main Beach shore line.
While you’re there be sure to take in the spectacular natural beachfront, island and mountain landscape views on your swims and don’t forget to enjoy the shopping, vibrant dining scene and countless outdoor activities the region has to offer following your swim.
Create and manage your own listing
Copyright © 1999-2023 oceanswims.com. All rights reserved.
‘OCEANFIT is a registered trademark of OceanFit Pty Ltd.